Friday, December 20, 2013

Twas The Week Before Christmas

Twas the week before Christmas, when all through the house
Mommy was baking for child and spouse.
Here, bring these treats to work and to school
Found the recipe on Pinterest, isn’t that cool?

The store shelves were lined with candies and cake,
Chocolates and cookies and gingerbread houses to make.
Brown sugar, white sugar, butter and nuts
All ingredients that add inches to butts

Tis a hard time to diet, with all of these sweets
But I just threw on my ipod and listened to the beats
Away to the gym, I flew like a flash,
Jumped on the treadmill and started to dash.

Ate my greek yogurt, and chicken and healthy grilled fish
Stayed away from the sweets in the candy dish
 What to my wondering eyes should appear on the scale?
But an awesome week’s loss, not an epic fail.

With a little patience and working real hard
I was rewarded with 5 pounds less of lard
The 17 Day Diet was working for me,
Thirty four pounds lost and a new future to see!

"No cookies! No pizza ! No crackers! No candy!
No soda! No pasta! Now to the gym, Randi!
MIles on the bike, then to the treadmill!
And drink all your water until you get your fill!

Hair in a ponytail! Face is so sweaty!
Cheeks red like roses, sneakers at the ready!

Slimming down the face and the round belly,
Santa’s not the only one who shakes when he laughs like a bowlful of jelly

So I try to eat right, and get through the season
Just keep plugging along for a very good reason

I'm ending 2013 right on the 17 Day Diet,
Happy Holidays to all, you might want to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment