Monday, April 20, 2015

I Can Button My Shorts, But I Can't Breathe!

Ugh.

Just got back from Spring Break.

That followed Winter Break.

That followed Mental Break which = 17 Day Diet Break

I lost my mojo.

Not surprising, I guess. The struggle is never really over.

The difference now is that I gave away all of my bigger clothes. So all I have are shorts and jeans and tops that I bought last year after losing 50 pounds.

I'm glad that I did this...because it would be devastating but easy to slip that bigger size back on. But no...I had to suffer through vacation in muffin-top causing shorts and a limited selection of shirts that didn't make me look like a stuffed sausage.

And now I know...its time to cut the crap.

So bring on the carb-withdrawl headache, the exhaustion of detoxing, the crankiness of having to deal with life head-on rather than shoving something in my mouth.

I'm good to go.

This also means I am back in the kitchen full-time. On deck first is an old favorite:

Balsamic Marinated Grilled Chicken Cutlets

4 chicken cutlets, cut in half if thick

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T Dijon Mustard
1 T dried fine herbs (I used a mix of rosemary, thyme and garlic) I did not used powdered garlic, but a cube of frozen garlic
1 T salt
1T pepper ( I found this to be a bit much, you may want to cut down)
1/2 cup olive oil

Mix all marinade ingredients together. Put chicken in large ziploc bag and cover with marinade. Keep in refrigerator a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.

Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.

Grill on BBQ or grill pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment