Sunday, July 6, 2014

I Came, I Slaw, I Conquered

Pinterest is a veritable treasure trove of ideas.

Whenever I need to find something to make for dinner, Pinterest has become my go-to for new ideas. I try to dodge the ridiculously delicious looking unhealthy recipes and go for ones that will fit into the 17 Day Diet. Of course there are the few occasions where I will concoct some crazy Rolo S'mores or bake something with lots of butter and sugar, but for the most part I keep it clean.

A friend pinned a salad called Grilled Ginger Sesame Chicken Salad a few days ago. There were quite a few ingredients in it that I had in the house already, including a big head of cabbage that came from the farm share this week. She had texted me that it was a must-make, so that sealed the deal for me.


I decided to just make the salad on it's own to accommodate my non-chicken eating husband. I made the chicken on the side, and then also made some salmon that was flavored with the marinade in the recipe.

First of all…it was ridiculously delicious. I woke up this morning wanting to eat a bowl of it for breakfast.

Secondly…it really doesn't seem like a salad to me. It's more of a slaw. Raw cabbage and shredded carrots = slaw in my book.

It is mostly 17 Day Diet compliant…the small amount of Hoisin shouldn't be too destructive. Try it out, recipe is in the link above. Let me know how you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment