Monday, March 30, 2015

Fifty Shades of Meh

Let me tell you something about cookbook #26 of 99.

It sucks.

I HATE this book.



You would think that my vegetarian husband would be totally into it, right?

No.

Even he couldn't find anything in here that he wanted me to make for him.

This was yet another mother-in-law Christmas present that sits on the shelf.

Until today, where it sits in the give-away pile.

I'm not sure how focaccia can taste like nothing...but if you follow the recipe from the Chicago Diner Cookbook you will surely find out that it can.

It was so promising, the dough rose so beautifully.



The coloring was good, it was dotted with specks of rosemary. What could be bad?

Well, it was pretty lame. It was meh. It wasn't just meh. It was...


And this is coming from a carb addict, a guy who will pretty much eat anything, and a boy who would eat an entire loaf of bread if I let him.

So, bye-bye Chicago Diner Cookbook. We hardly knew ya. And that's ok by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment