Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gas Be Damned!

Apparently, cabbage is one of the gassiest foods a person can eat.

I can vouch for that.

Despite this fact, it also happens to be very good for you.

One cup of chopped cabbage has just 22 calories, and it's loaded with valuable nutrients. At the top of the list is sulforaphane, a chemical that increases your body's production of enzymes that disarm cell-damaging free radicals and reduce your rise of cancer. In fact, Stanford University scientists determined that sulforaphane boosts your levels of these cancer-fighting enzymes higher than any other plant chemical!

Translation?

It is low-calorie, nutritious, and is the best cancer-fighting vegetable out there.

Also? It makes you fart.

Last year at this time I was obsessed with Cabbage Soup.

I ate it all of the time, and between Thanksgiving and Christmas I ended up losing 11 pounds! Crazy, right?

Well…after too much indulging over the past couple of months I have buckled down and found my old friend cabbage.

I went on Pinterest and looked for some 17 Day Diet compliant cabbage recipes and immediately found one that caught my eye.

Balsamic Roasted Cabbage



Let me tell you…this was SO easy and SO good!

All you need is a head of red cabbage, a red onion, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and you're in business. The only change I made to the original recipe on that site was adding a packet of Truvia to it. That was it.

So go make some cabbage. Lose weight. Fight cancer. Fart. Like Auntie Ina says…."How bad can that be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment