Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Devil, The Angel, and Pinterest

Most of the recipes that I have found over the past year and a half have come from Pinterest.

I have a HUGE collection of cookbooks and they've gone mostly untouched. I have a plan for those at some point in the near future, but for now the bulk of them are on the built-in shelves in the office downstairs. A select few are permanently in the kitchen. Among them are ALL of the Auntie Ina books of course. Even the stupid Barefoot in Paris one that I never seem to touch.

Pinterest is the absolute embodiment of the Angel and Devil for me.

On one shoulder, whispering in my ear is the Angel.

Oooh, cauliflower! Look at all of the yummy and healthy cauliflower recipes!



On the other shoulder is the Devil…

Mmmm, Ho-Ho Cake. Chocolate. (Drool)


For every quinoa, chicken breast, or cabbage recipe there is a giant cinnamon roll, cheese ball or crumb cake.

The trick is to dodge the calorie bombs, and save them for a special occasion.

This time of year is probably the hardest. Once Halloween rolls around it has the potential to be all downhill until January. 

Well, January is literally around the corner and it is time to kick the Devil to the curb.

Tomorrow night is New Year's Eve and I am going to dance with that Pinterest Devil one last time in the form of 

and



and assorted other delicious yet unhealthy snacks.

Then on January first, I will be back to focusing on the Angels of Pinterest in the form of eggplant, broccoli, fish and chicken.

I wish you ALL a happy and healthy New Year, and I hope that you stick with me in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment