Saturday, September 7, 2013

Losing It With Auntie

It seems that my adoration for (almost) all things Auntie Ina has gotten me into some trouble.

It turns out that "How baaaad can thaaat be?" can be quite bad.

So, I need to adjust my relationship with Auntie and break up with the butter, sugar, cheese, good mayo, white flour, chocolate, etc, etc.

The struggle with my weight has been an issue for years.  I was hot and thin for about 5 minutes back in the 1990's but it didn't last too long.  I have a terrible addiction, and food is my drug of choice. It turns out that Auntie is one of my pushers.

I've tried lots of ways to lose weight, all of them at least twice. If surgery was covered under my health insurance I would try that too. After a few months of letting it all go to Hell, I decided to try again. This time with something new. A friend of mine mentioned something called The 17 Day Diet and suggested I take a look.

Perfect timing, as I was looking for anything to come along and kick my ass. The fact that my best friend was along for the ride made it even better. Then roping in another friend just sealed the deal. Because if you are going to be a cranky, detoxing witch....it helps to have your friends in the same boat.

Now here is the question....

What do I do with this blog? I don't want to abandon it, but I can't continue to ply myself with Auntie's delicious but not so healthy goodies. I am actually cooking more than ever, and would love to share it with you....so I think I may make more than just a lifestyle change and go ahead and make a blog change.

But what to do about the title? I am going to have to do some thinking. I do plan on adapting some of Auntie's healthier recipes. As a matter of fact, I have already made one that did not even need any changes....and it was AMAZING!


Here is the link:
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast

I hope you stick with me. Heck, I hope I stick with me! It is quite the challenge so far, but I'm up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment