Saturday, September 21, 2013

Something's Fishy!

Auntie was able to make an appearance tonight at dinner!

It turns out her Asian Grilled Salmon is compatible with my diet, and it is SUPER easy to make. The marinade is only four ingredients. Olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard and soy sauce.

The salmon is cut into portions and half of the marinade is drizzled on top. It sits for about ten minutes before cooking. Now Auntie cooks this on a grill, but I had other plans for it.

I got a faaabulous pan a few weeks ago. It is a thirteen inch nonstick skillet that can go into the oven. I didn't want to spend a fortune, so I went to Kohl's with a coupon and a dream. Also a lot of patience, because I really, really hate that store. Here is a link to the pan, because it is THAT good:

Food Network Skillet

Anyway....I used it to cook some salmon for the holidays a few weeks ago and it came out perfect and was ridiculously easy to clean up. Now I use the pan for practically everything. It's getting quite the workout.

I decided to cook the Asian salmon in the magic pan. Seared the salmon skin side up until it got a nice brown crust and then flipped them over. Then I was able to stick it straight into a 350 degree oven to finish it off.


Hello gorgeous!

Honestly, I am not much of a fish eater but I am trying to be healthier and salmon is one of those super foods that is good for everyone. I am finding when it is cooked right, it is pretty damn good. With the right pan and the right attitude...anything is possible!

Asian Grilled Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment